Friday, March 7, 2008

Proud to present to you...

...dum da da Daaa! The newest member(s) of our personal Forslund Furniture collection,

a used Southern Belle Rocker... and Sewing stand!



My wonderful mother in law knows I'm always on the lookout for used Forslund items and she happened to see this Belle at an online auction that is actually located within minutes of my office! So yesterday, she called around noon and told me of the chair. I went to see it, then got back to the office and placed a bid. Though the auction was local for me, it was an 'online only' auction, meaning I HAD to wait until 8:30 PM to find out if I had won.

This is the next item I was really hoping to add to our home. My mother and father both have these rockers, and they're incredibly comfortable and unique. I knew that I wanted one of these rather than the typical oak gliding rockers so many folks rock their babies in. We will likely recover the chair at some point, but really it's in fine condition considering it was made in 1984!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have a chair that may be a Carl Forslund Sleepy Hollow. I would be happy to send photos if you are interested in seeing it. I am interested in finding out if it is in fact a Sleepy Hollow. Please send an email address so I can send a picture.